It is a nonprofit institution that aims to promote activities that are framed in our indigenous roots.
Its main purpose is to teach the Dominican youth to create crafts based on true values, in such a way that our cultural identity is reflected upon each piece that is created during the learning process.
The Foundation for the Development of Crafts ( FUNDARTE ), is a non-profit, incorporated on August 14th, 1993, under law No. 520, which governs non-profit associations. Its hierarchical structure counts with an Administrative Board and an Executive board , made up of: a President, a Vice President, a Secretary, Treasurer, and three Members. According to their structure, FUNDARTE is spread throughout 3 operational areas: education, preservation and management. From these areas and from the philosophy of the institution is where our objective comes from.
FUNDARTE has, as a base and frame, aspects that are essential to its rationale and to the principles of its founders, allowing for a more structured work from areas that are critical to them.
The organization of its activities, as well as the design of the plans and strategies for work are organized around 3 axes of work that allow it to organize and prioritize its objectives.
The strategic axes of FUNDARTE are: Human Resources Development , Preservation of cultural heritage, and management and generation of economic development.
• Human resources development as an instrument of social development from:
- Technical and Vocational training within the field of cultural tradition , which allows for the preservation of tangible and intangible assets from the expression of craftsmanship.
− Incentive for the production based on efficient operating systems, such as the mechanism of economic development and growth that fosters the decline of the poverty rate.
− Generation of sectoral, provincial and regional leadership, to serve as authorities that facilitate and multiply social development.
• Preservation and dissemination of the tangible and intangible heritage by:
- Raising awareness of the value of cultural property .
- Promotion of crafts as an intangible asset that preserves tradition.
- Dissemination and revitalization of customs, particularly in craft and jewelry.
• Managing for development and economic growth, using as an instrument :
- Employment generation.
- Technical development of the craft sector and especially jewelry , for added competitiveness.
- Growth of the business population.
- Installation and development of new businesses.
- Equality in opportunities for both genders, working towards the eradication of discrimination against women.
Innovation and sustainability in the craftsmanship sector bids for cultural tourism, to lie in the canons of international markets .